10 Reasons Why I love Modesty
by Rita Davidson
Sitting here in the glorious sun today I was thinking of all the reasons I love modesty. It’s been 17 odd years since I’ve switched to skirts/dresses only and still today I enjoy pondering what it has done for my life.
Here is a short list of some of my reasons:
- It helps me feel feminine even when I look more like a clumsy tomboy.
- It helps cover my plus size, in a way that is becoming.
- It helps me understand the beauty that God has placed in women.
- It has helped to calm my stubbornness and find the quietness in my soul.
- It has helped me to look nice, when before all I wanted to do was wear jogging pants.
- It has helped me feel nice even when uncomfortable, sick, or even tired.
- It has helped my spiritual growth, making me open to God’s proddings.
- It has helped me dress in fun colors and styles, forgetting about the fashion push for immodest trends.
- It has helped me see God’s plan for women and to love my vocation more.
- 10. It has given me hope that I have done what God has asked all of us to do.
How has modesty blessed your life? Share with me your reasons, below!
Add to my list so others may benefit too! 🙂
©Copyright 2013 Rita Davidson All Rights Reserved.
Rita is a Catholic wife and mother of seven children. Mark is her ever patient husband. She reverted back to the faith when her oldest was making her First Communion. By then, she had completed degrees in Hairdressing and Make up artistry. She went on to receive a degree in Natural Health and another degree in Art. At age 26, Rita suffered a minor stroke. With no lasting effects, this dramatically changed her outlook on life. In 1996, Rita began ‘Little Flowers Family Apostolates’ to reach out to other families with her new found faith, by creating unique Catholic books and resources.. In 1999, she wrote the bestselling, ‘Immodesty; Satan’s Virtue’. She was editor of ‘The Catholic Health Letter’ for 7 years. She has been a homeschooling mom for 20+ years, and has written for various magazines. She is honored that families have trusted her with their questions, needs and concerns over the years. She continues to write and reach out to Catholic families with her husband, Mark and their 4 boys through http://www.LittleFlowersFamilyPress.com